Medical students take to Gita for ‘cure’
TOI, BHOPAL: Patients turn to them for healing but these medical students at the Gandhi Medical College (GMC) have found a blam in Bhagwat Gita. In a novel experiment, a group of students at the GMC have turned to Gita for peace to mind and soul and overcome stress. They attend Gita classes every Thursday organized by the Hare Krishna movement.
Das talking to TOI said students like Lincoln are in search for proper guidance given their disenchantment with the system. “Anxiety andstress are taking a toll on this generation and teachings from the scared book have never been more relevant,” he said.
Posters with a picture ‘a tooth brush with paste, at GMC campus read — Truth decay? Brush up on the Bhagavad Gita. Lack of creativity, maybe, but it did the trick as quite a few students were introduced to it during a book expo at GMC last week. Sessions are free of charge and students work out their own learning plan.
For the geek, there is solace too. A student said, Das has linked Gita education via video conferencing and ‘gtalk’ in hope of spreading the good word.
In the medical college where for more than three decades students passed out without being administered the Hippocratic Oath (oath historically taken by physicians and other healthcare professionals swearing to practice medicine with integrity) lessons in Bhagavat Gita, could perhaps cure the soul and restore diminishing faith of general public in the profession.
4 Responses to “Medical students take to Gita for ‘cure’”
- Gita 01.15 The devoted see God before they see the world, the undevoted see only the world
- Is the mind a covering on consciousness or does the mind contain the covering?
- How our mind creates our reality – and how to change it
- Gita 01.14 The Gita’s audio-visual camera starts with the character of the questioner’s interest, but shifts now to the central characters
- We had been this March on an exciting youth tri...
- With over 175 boys participating in IYS camp ...
- DATE: 12-Apr (SUNDAY) TIME: Paper1: 6pm –...
- For those of you who participated in IYS NVCC C...
- IYS Yatra 2014 Photos & Audio For those of ...