BHAKTIVEDANTA ACADEMY FOR CULTURE AND EDUCATION (BACE)
BACE is an exclusive opportunity for young students and working professionals to get a firsthand experience of the Krishna conscious lifestyle. This facility has been designed on the principles of the traditional gurukula system for unmarried boys for a systematic training in the Vedic culture and education. It is to be remarked that this is NOT just another residential facility like a typical hostel / lodge. The motivation of anyone wishing to reside here should be to learn and practice the process of devotional service to the Lord, along with pursuing his usual academic / professional duties.
NEED AND FACILITIES - WHY TO TRY OUT A BACE?
a variety of practical problems which make it difficult for them to concentrate on their studies properly.
Many a times due to lack of good association, they easily fall prey to bad habits, use of vulgar language
and a variety of addictions. The glitter and glamour of the metropolis pulls them regularly to theaters and
discotheques. A lack of parental monitoring and abundant availability of sense enjoyment in the city make it challenging for them to live a principle-oriented lifestyle. Easy access to internet, free mixing outside college hours and peer-pressure are successful in stealing away their time, that could have been better utilized. All the more, there is seldom any emotional help available in times of exams, study stress and frustration. Last, but not the least, they miss the homely food cooked lovingly by their mom.
The Bhaktivedanta Academy for Culture and Education (BACE), rightfully understanding these needs of the younger generation, provides them a residential facility wherein they accrue great benefits. Being in the association of friends devoid of bad habits, these boys are able to live a disciplined lifestyle and within a very short time they are able to see a significant increase in their academic performance. They get physically nourished by homely, tasty, vegetarian food and are also guided academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. Gradually these boys not only become exemplary in their studies but also possess sound knowledge of higher realities and duties of life. In essence, the BACE atmosphere plays a very significant role in preserving & enhancing the character of the youth while executing their regular duties.
BACE invites interested candidates to experience these oases of culture, which are present
at a number of locations in the city of Mumbai, and see themselves grow & succeed in life. So why miss out, better try out! Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
This facility is also available to young, unmarried working professionals who may be looking for accommodation and willing to fulfill the criteria for BACE stay.
ASPECTS OF BACE STAY
- Proper understanding and practice of the spiritual science
- Opportunities to make friends with boys devoid of bad habits
- Favorable environment for one’s academic/ professional excellence
- Cultural experience like Deity-worship, Dramas, festivals etc.
- Personal counselling & guidance in times of need
- Hygienic Nutritious vegetarian food (Prasadam), offered to the Lord
- Excursion to holy places of pilgrimages
CRITERIA FOR BACE STAY
Anyone desiring to stay in a BACE should fulfill the following criteria:
- He should have a desire to understand and practice the process of devotional service to the Supreme Lord
- He should be chanting few rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra for at least past one month
- He should be attending the weekly programme being conducted at any of the BACEs for at least past one month. This ensures that he already has friendship with several BACE residents.
- Should be willing to follow the four regulative principles, namely no meat eating (including onion, garlic), no intoxication (including tea, coffee), no illicit sex (including artificial means), and no gambling.
- Should have approval from his home for staying in BACE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
One should be attending the weekly programme being conducted at any of the BACEs for at least past one month. This ensures that he already has friendship with several BACE residents.
No, you cannot since this facility is only for unmarried men between 18-32 years of age.
Certainly not. All boys who live here are screened to ensure that they don’t smoke or drink. You can live here among people who do not have such bad habits.
The breakfast and lunch are ready by 7 am. You can have your breakfast and pack your lunch and go to college in the morning itself.
As we have boys from all states living in the BACEs, we supply hygienically-prepared food which is a mix of all the states and caters to everyone’s need.
The idea behind BACE is to provide a Krishna conscious environment to you. The Prasadam we provide is satvik, offered to the Lord, delicious and nutritious. Having Prasadam along with other residents will help to develop a bonding with them.
Certainly. Since you will be a part of our family, we will certainly help in sending you to a doctor / hospital along with a co-resident of yours, if required. We will contact your family members / anyone else you want and inform them about your ill-health.